Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Break


We had school Monday and Tuesday of this week. I got some kind of bug and felt terrible on Monday. We were expecting the fire marshal, so I went ahead and went to school. After he left, I went to the doctor, got some medicine, and came home and went to bed. I felt much better on Tuesday, so I went to school. Wednesday Katy and I went to Cherokee, and Wayne and Daniel went to Florence. Katy and I went to Valdosta to church with Mother and Daddy. It was good to see Kenny & Patricia and Ed & Emily. Thursday morning Katy and I went to Wayne's parents' house to meet the rest of the family for Thanksgiving lunch. Wayne's mom had gotten up at 4:00 AM to check on the turkey only to find that someone had turned the oven off, so she went to Wal-Mart and bought two turkey breasts. We enjoyed the turkey, macaroni and cheese, dressing, English peas, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and rolls. She also had turtle pie, pecan pie, carrot cake, and cookie things for dessert. Wayne's parents, Van and Jane; Wayne's sister, Tina and her husband Steve; and Wayne, Katy, Daniel, and I were there. After lunch Wayne and I went to K-Mart and bought a few Christmas presents. Then we went to Cherokee to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with my family. Mother and Daddy had had lunch at Pawpaw's, and Mother had been cooking for days to get ready for that meal and our supper. We had ham, macaroni and cheese, deviled eggs, green beans, gravy, rolls, and cranberry sauce. Mother even grilled chicken for Katy. Then we had chocolate pie and cheesecake for dessert. Mother, Daddy, Stacy, John, Joseph, Wayne, Katy, Daniel, and I enjoyed the time together. After supper Wayne and Daniel came home. Katy and I stayed so we could go shopping on Black Friday. Stacy went home, too, but she came back Friday morning and met us to go shopping. We went to Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Lowe's, and Martin's. We ended our shopping day by eating together at O'Charley's. We had a great time together. Katy and I were trying to get home in time for the Iron Bowl, but we didn't make it in time. We watched the game with Daddy, and what a game it was. We had a great time especially since Alabama pulled out the victory. We enjoyed a lot of wonderful food, but the time spent with family was what made this Thanksgiving a special one.

No comments:

Post a Comment