Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Daddy!!!

Today is my daddy's 66th birthday. We planned a family lunch for him at our house. Mother, Daddy, Chris, Stacy, Joseph, Evelyn, Rhonda, Melinda, Wayne, Katy, Daniel, and I were the partiers, but Stacy and Mother were both sick. Chris stayed with Mother to take her to the doctor. Doug was able to come with Rhonda, so we had nine partiers after all. We had Honeybaked Ham, scallopped potatoes, peas, green beans, deviled eggs, marshmallow salad, grape salad, and rolls. Daddy's favorite dessert is German chocolate cake, so we had that and cherry delight. My granny always had cake and cherry delight at Christmas. Mother also made "Granny cookies." We talked about some memories we had of Granny - that was nice to do. We also played Dirty Santa. I'm so glad that we were able to have this special time for my daddy, Roger Choat. He's an awesome dad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment