Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Program

I've been so blessed with such a wonderful mother that I'm always looking for opportunities to say thank-you to moms. Before Katy and Daniel were born, I taught at Tri-County Bible School in Decatur, AL. Mrs. Whitson did a Mother's Day program that I just loved, and when I started teaching, I incorporated some of her ideas and began doing a Mother's Day tea with my class. Through the years, the number of moms who work during the day has increased, so I stopped doing it because so many children were disappointed when their mothers could not attend. This year is a special year though. I've had the joy of teaching this class for two years, and the parents have been absolutely wonderful. I really wanted to say thank you in a special way especially to the moms. Each one of the children had a speaking part, and we sang several songs. Then we had cake and punch. We also gave our moms a special gift: a box of love. I made a powerpoint presentation of the children introducing their mothers and saying something that is special about their moms. It was a wonderful day, and I was so proud of all of the children. I will remember this special group of moms (and dads) always. They will always be very special to me. (Thanks for the picture, Becky! I can't believe I didn't make a single picture...)

1 comment:

  1. I can - you were busy the whole time! I will get you copies of all the ones I took to add to the 10,000 pics you have of this group!

    ReplyDelete