I cannot believe that it's been an entire week since I've been able to add a post to my blog, but the stomach virus invaded my life on Saturday. I have a lot to be thankful for on this Thursday!!
1. I am sooooo thankful to be feeling better! I started feeling pretty rotten on Saturday evening and today's really the first day I've felt 100%. It's so easy to take "feeling good" for granted. I'm going to try to remember that.
2. I spoke at Lectureship on Wednesday morning (with lots of help from Becky), and I'm so thankful that everything went well. I prepared for 100 and only about 10 showed up, but I hope those 10 learned something about teaching David's psalms to preschoolers.
3. I am very thankful that the FHU Lions basketball team continues to work hard and play well. They are doing a great job and have moved up to #13 in the NAIA rankings!
4. I am thankful that I got to spend some time with my mother, daddy, sister, and nephew on Saturday before I got sick. We celebrated mother's birthday with a lunch at the Rocking Chair in Tuscumbia. I really enjoyed that meal of catfish before I got sick. I may never eat catfish again.
5. I am thankful for good friends who pitch in and help when you're sick. A big thanks to Sandy for teaching my Sunday morning Bible Class and to Becky for being "on call."
6. I am thankful that Wayne got a new truck and all the doors actually open!!
7. I am thankful for Sandy who keeps my class running smoothly when I have to be gone. This week I was sick on Monday and spoke at the Lectureship on Wednesday.
8. I am thankful for my electric blanket during this cold spell.
9. I am thankful for Sprite. It's kept me going this week.
10. I am very, very thankful that so far no one else in my family has gotten the stomach virus. I hope they are fortunate enough to miss it.
This has been a very busy week in Henderson with the Lectureship and everything going on associated with it, but it took a stomach virus to make my world come to a screeching halt. It really made me think about how many things I have to be thankful for. How about you?