Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Little House on the Prarie tree


This year our PTO purchased 4' tall Christmas trees and asked each class to decorate it. The trees would then be auctioned off at the Fall Festival. My class and I love Little House on the Prarie, so we decided to make a tree like Laura and Mary might have had. I made candles out of toilet paper tubes and colored celophane. I put Christmas lights up into the "candles" so they looked like they were burning. We made a paper chain out of brown paper. One of the children brought in small pine cones and we made ornaments out of them. We made a gingerbread ornament for Pa, Ma, Mary, Laura, and Carrie. Each child also made a button wreath out of red, green, and white buttons to go on the tree. We made cinnamon stick ornaments and yarn tassels. My friend Becky (Laura Beth's mom) even found us a star to go on top that looked just like the star the Ingalls family had at Plum Creek. She loves Little House too, so I was very glad that she won the tree at the auction!

No comments:

Post a Comment