Sunday, January 11, 2009

Katy's Insect Collection


Katy had a major biology project: an insect collection. She could either compile pictures from books and the internet or collect actual insects and mount them onto a board along with labels, etc. This is my child who screams when she sees a bug - any kind of bug, so I thought she would choose the first of the options. I was wrong. It must be very nice to be able to do an insect collection without actually touching any insects. She called my dad and asked him to collect insects for her and I got out and tried to collect. Our family and friends all pitched in to help Katy - even the children in my class at school. She completed all the mounting by using tweazers, and looked up all the information, typed it, and mounted it to her board. I thought she did a great job, and so did her teacher - she got 100!

1 comment: