Well, today was the New Standards Inservice training that we have been preparing for. All the K-2 teachers in our county gathered at East Chester along with several of the "special" teachers... We had worked very hard preparing a day that hopefully was fun as well as informative. We included the following in our day:
1. Icebreaker Game - we used the doorprizes for this game - I think we ended up with about 20 or 25.
2. Music Video - "It's Not on the Test"
3. More or Less Activity - teachers had to decide which strategies we need to use more and which ones we should use less
4. Tennessee Diploma Project Video
5. Language Arts Powerpoint Presentations
6. Flip It Activity - group stands on a shower curtain and flips it over with everyone still standing on it.
7. Science Explanations
8. Tower 1 Activity
9. Tower 2 Activity
10. Video - "Change is Good - You Go First"
11. Video - "The Top 10 Things You Didn't Learn About Teaching in College"
12. Math Activities
13. Video - "212 Degrees"
We had also prepared notebooks for each participant which contain all the new standards and strategies for teaching them. I'm SOOOO glad it's over!